The Postal Service has over 300 processing plants where more than 150 billion pieces of mail are sorted each year. The OIG has recently conducted a series of audits on facility conditions at retail facilities and is now looking at processing facilities nationwide. The safety, security and cleanliness of these facilities is essential to the employees and customers at these locations.
- Have you observed any maintenance, safety, or security problems at Postal Service processing plants?
- Does the roof leak or is the heating and air conditioning not in working order?
- Is the facility clean and free of safety hazards?
- Are maintenance requests addressed in a timely manner?
- Does the facility have adequate security?
Go here to leave comments at end of article: How Clean, Safe, and Secure are Postal Service Processing Plants? | USPS Office of Inspector General