The Federal Employees’ Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI) open enrollment period begins Sept. 1.
- The program offers competitive group premiums with convenient payroll deduction.
- You can elect optional coverage from as little as about one year’s salary to about five years’ salary, in addition to your basic coverage.
- You can elect option C coverage on the lives of your spouse (up to $25,000) and eligible dependent children younger than age 22 (up to $12,500 for each eligible child).
- Extra benefits automatically enhance basic coverage for enrolled employees younger than age 45, at no additional charge.
- You can continue your FEGLI coverage into retirement if you meet all requirements.
Enrolled employees can cancel coverage, reduce coverage or change beneficiaries at any time. Employees do not need to wait until FEGLI open season to make these changes.
The FEGLI LiteBlue page has additional information.