Launching on July 9, 2023, USPS Ground Advantage™ is the Postal Service’s enhanced ground solution that will provide a simple, reliable, and more affordable ground shipping solution for packages with 2–5 day delivery within the continental U.S.
USPS Ground Advantage will combine current USPS Retail Ground®, First-Class Package Service®, and Parcel Select Ground® services, as well as returns options such as First-Class Package Return® service and Ground Returns, into a single, streamlined ground shipping service.
Key Features of USPS Ground Advantage
- Packages will be delivered in 2–5 business days.
- Affordable ounce and pound-based shipping options range from 1 ounce to 70 pounds.
- Items weighing up to 15.999 ounces will be priced in 4-ounce, 8-ounce, 12-ounce, and up to 15.999-ounce increments for both retail and commercial channels.
- Packages greater than 15.999 ounces will be charged by the pound, in 1-pound increments, up to 70 pounds.
- $100 insurance will be included for both outbound and return shipments. Customers can purchase up to $5,000 in additional coverage against loss or damage for merchandise.
- Free Package Pickup service at home or in-office.
- A variety of postage payment options across various platforms, including the enhanced Click-N-Ship® with access to commercial rates for commercial customers. Additional postage payment options will include USPS Retail Post Offices, online postage, and more.
- Tracking included to check the status and confirm package delivery.
- Business customers can use USPS Ground Advantage return service as a convenient option for customers who need to send items back.
- A primary option for sending hazardous materials (HAZMAT) that are only mailable using ground transportation (see usps.com/ship/shipping-restrictions.htm#hazmat).
Read more: Postal Bulletin – June 29, 2023