USPS worker electrocuted at Shannon Street post office

Louisiana postal worker Paul Wesley Gammill was electrocuted while changing a bulb for a light pole in a parking lot.

By Dede Willis – Jan 08, 2019
A United States Postal Service employee was electrocuted Tuesday at the post office on Shannon Street in Monroe.

The incident was initially reported around 9:40 a.m. First responders attempted to revive Paul W. Gammill, age 47, with CPR at the scene.

The man was electrocuted while changing out a light in a light pole at the office according to a Monroe Police Department release.

“The Postal Service is saddened by the loss of our postal family member and will continue to keep his family, friends, and coworkers in our thoughts,” a provided statement from the USPS said. “We are unable to comment further, as the incident is currently being investigated.”

Source: The News Star

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *