Updated September 11, 2015
New York City and Washington DC
At this time, only minimal/limited delays to deliveries and collections in the immediate areas of events are expected. If events change or more significant impacts are identified, this information will be updated.
Due to the Papal visit and related events in Philadelphia, a large section of downtown will be designated as a security perimeter from Sept. 25 – 27. These security measures will restrict the ability of USPS to conduct deliveries and retail operations in this area.
As a result, we are notifying customers of the following impacts:
Delivery impacts (Will I receive mail delivery?):
- Thursday, Sept. 24 – Collection boxes in the impacted Philadelphia downtown area will be removed and locked.
- Friday, Sept. 25 – the Philadelphia Main Office (19104), William Penn Delivery Annex (19107), Fairmount (19130) Station and Spring Garden (19122) Station will adjust their delivery schedule to have carriers complete delivery by 1 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 26 – 27 – There will be no delivery or collection of mail in the same areas.
- Monday, Sept. 28 – USPS will return to full operations with delivery and collection of mail.
Retail Impacts (Is my Post Office open?):
- Thursday, Sept. 24 thru Saturday, Sept. 26 – The Philadelphia Main Post Office (19104) lobby will only be open between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. There will be no lobby access on Sunday, Sept. 27.
- Friday, Sept. 25 – The B. Free Franklin (19106), 30th Street Train (19104), Continental (19106), Land Title (19110), Penn Center (19102) and Wannamaker (19107) Stations will be closed. The Fairmount (19130), Middle City (19103), Penns Landing (19147), Spring Garden (19122), University City (19104) and William Penn Annex (19107) Stations will close at 12 p.m. The Philadelphia Main Post Office (19104) will close at 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 26 – Fairmount (19130), B. Free Franklin (19106), Middle City (19103), Penns Landing (19147), Spring Garden (19122), William Penn Annex (19107) and Philadelphia Main Office (19104) Stations will be closed.
- Sunday, Sept. 27 – Philadelphia Main Post Office (19104) will be closed and have no lobby access.
- Monday, Sept. 28 – All offices will resume normal hours.
This information will be updated if additional changes are identified.