In recognition of National Preparedness Month, the Postal Service wants employees to make workplace security a high priority.
To keep your facility safe, secure entry points when not in use, always wear your USPS photo ID badge and stay vigilant for individuals not wearing badges.
Additionally, you should:
• Secure unattended USPS vehicles and trailers. Immediately report stolen or missing vehicles to the Postal Inspection Service.
• Ensure alarms and security camera systems are operational.
• Maintain a master, arrow and vehicle key inventory. Ensure all keys are accounted for at the end of every day.
• Follow all procedures for mail acceptance. Report any suspicious items to the Postal Inspection Service.
• Confirm all collection boxes, lobby mailboxes and collection receptacles have current, legible Aviation Mail Security Decals (DDD-1s).
For additional information, contact your facility’s security control officer.
The USPS National Preparedness site has additional guidelines and tips.