From: Storey, Simon M – Washington, DC
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 11:45 AM
To: AREA VICE PRESIDENTS – HQ HR AREA HR MGRS
Subject: Coronavirus Information
RE: Novel Corona Virus 2019-nCV.
As discussed at today’s ISC meeting, please find the information shared and more importantly the CDC comments regarding the spread of Corona Virus via mail/packaging from China. This was a questions specifically asked by the ISC’s due to incoming mail from China.
As discussed we will continue to emphasize healthy safety measures below:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is closely monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) Coronavirus and recommends the following healthy safety measures:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for an average of 20 seconds.
- When soap and water are not available, then frequent use of alcohol-based sanitizers are recommended.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid sharing household items such as drinking glasses, cups, dishes etc.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your coughs or sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve.
- Get vaccinated against the flu.
For employees handling international letters and packages the CDC stated that there is likely very low risk of spread of coronavirus from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures.
More information regarding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus can be found on the CDC website www.cdc.gov.
Any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to Kimberly Ferreira at HQ.
Simon Storey | United States Postal Service | Employee Resource Management VP
202-268-3783 | firstname.lastname@example.org