The Five-Year Plan aims to return the Postal Service to financial stability, preserve the affordability of mail and allow us to more readily adapt to a dynamic market place.
The plan focuses on five major goals:
- Goal 1 — Deliver world-class services and customer experiences
- Goal 2 — Equip, connect, engage, and empower employees to serve our customers
- Goal 3 — Innovate faster to deliver value
- Goal 4 — Invest in future platforms
- Goal 5 — Pursue legislative and regulatory changes necessary to achieve financial sustainability
The five-year strategy, released by the agency’s Office of Strategic Planning, meets a statutory requirement to provide the president and Congress with a new strategic plan at least every three years.