Fraud Against Seniors
The FBI’s Common Fraud Schemes webpage provides tips on how you can protect yourself and your family from fraud. Senior citizens especially should be aware of fraud schemes for the following reasons:
- Senior citizens are most likely to have a “nest egg,” to own their home, and/or to have excellent credit—all of which make them attractive to con artists.
Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
You can take several steps to reduce your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. When the temperature drops, take precautions to prevent your furnace from becoming a silent killer. Gas and oil-burning furnaces and generators produce carbon monoxide (CO).
The Postal Service has reported its financial results for fiscal 2019
- Revenue. Operating revenue was $71.1 billion, up 0.7 percent from the previous fiscal year. The increase was driven largely by price changes and continued growth in shipping and packages, where revenue increased 6.1 percent.
Open Season ends on December 9, 2019
To make changes to your current enrollment you have several options:
- Use OPM’s Open Season Online system
- Contact OPM by phone at 1-888-767-6738 (TTY: 855-887-4957)
- Mail OPM a letter to: Open Season Processing Center, P.O. Box, 5000, Lawrence KS 66046-0500
Source: KeepingPosted – Information for USPS Retirees