From: Dean, Rickey R – Washington, DC
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 9:22 AM
To: LR Area Mgrs, HQ HR AREA HR MGRS
Subject: Contact Tracing Program
For your reference information, and as a reminder, attached is the Contact Tracing Program for COVID-19. The HQ COVID group has confirmed the attached is current and has not been updated or changed. Several questions have come up some Areas/Districts regarding whether or not an employee is entitled to Admin Leave if they must quarantine and they have already used the FFCRA EPSL.
Please note page 3 of the attached and the 7th bullet (also shown below):
To initiate a close contact investigation:
- Review form submitted by local manager.
- Interview employee to gather information regarding his/her movements within the facility and potential direct contact with co-workers.
- Assess movement and contacts to determine risk level to others.
- Identify employees who should exercise self-quarantine.
- Notify local manager of employees being recommended to self-quarantine.
- Employees should then be placed on Emergency Paid Sick leave according to Families First Coronavirus Response Act guidelines.
- If Emergency Paid Sick Leave has been exhausted, the employee will be placed on Administrative Leave.
- OHNA/OHN will contact Public Health Department
- Public Health Department will conduct Close Contact Investigation for non-postal close contact.
The HQ COVID group has confirmed this position and this language. Please advise accordingly.
Rickey R Dean | Manager Contract Administration (APWU) | U. S. Postal Service | Headquarters
475 L’Enfant Plaza SW | Washington, DC 20260-4101