The United States Postal Service will be delivering packages to homes seven days a week in Philadelphia, Philly-area suburbs, South Jersey and parts of Delaware this holiday season.
“During the holidays, we’re raising the bar with enhanced tracking and Sunday delivery,” said Philadelphia Postmaster Howard Sample, “providing excellent service and reliability that only Santa can compete with.”
The 7-day package delivery service will begin Nov. 17 and run through Christmas Day.
As more customers order items from online retailers, demand for shipping has jumped.
The Postal Service predicts double digit package growth during the holiday season, in the range of 450 to 470 million packages. The company also anticipates higher demand driven by cheaper shipping prices via their Priority Mail option. To make sure mail and packages arrive by Christmas, the Postal Service provided the following deadlines:
- Dec. 2 – First-Class Mail International/Priority Mail International
- Dec. 10 – Priority Mail Express International
- Dec. 15 – Standard Post
- Dec. 17 – Global Express Guaranteed
- Dec. 20 – First-Class Mail/Priority Mail (domestic)
- Dec. 23 – Priority Mail Express (domestic)