Open Season is Coming — Here’s What You Need to Know
Is your health coverage keeping up with your life?
Your health needs, dependent situation, plan coverage, and premium rates can change year-over-year. During the Open Season period, you can enroll, or if already enrolled, make changes to your benefits enrollment. Unless you have a Qualifying Life Event (QLE) during the remainder of the year, this is your once-a-year opportunity to make any changes to your health benefits. Don’t miss out on the chance to make any necessary changes.
To prepare for Open Season, go to liteblue.usps.gov/openseason26/. It’s a one-stop-shop for everything you need to know, including information on plan and enrollment types, and free access to Checkbook’s Guide to Health Plans, which takes you through a few simple steps to find the best health plan for you and your family. Find every plan available to you ranked by plan cost, estimated out-of-pocket costs, and more. Through LiteBlue, you can also access videos, FAQs, and a link to PostalEASE (where you can make your health plan elections).
For more information about the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program, Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), and Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP), visit the Virtual Benefits Fair. You can register at the FLTCIP site (ltcfeds.com/).
Participation is voluntary and off-the-clock; log into the fair at any time during Open Season or participate in live chats on the following dates:
- Monday, November 13, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST
- Tuesday, December 5, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST
When you are ready, you can do the following:
- Make your FEHB selection online at PostalEASE from the LiteBlue Open Season page (liteblue.usps.gov/openseason26), through an Employee Self-Service Kiosk (available at some facilities), or on Blue under the Human Resources tab by clicking “Benefits, Payroll Elections.”
- If you need more enrollment information or help using PostalEASE, you can contact the HR Shared Services Center (HRSSC) at 877-477-3273, option 1 (TTY 866–260-7507).
- To enroll in or make changes to your FEDVIP plan, go to benefeds.com or call 877-888-3337; TTY 877–889–5680.
- To enroll in an FSA, go to fsafeds.com or call 877–372-3337; TTY 866-353-8058.
By taking time as you select your plan, you can be confident that you have the right coverage at the right price. Open Season starts on November 13 and ends on December 11 at 11:59 p.m. EST — remember to take action regarding your benefits.
— Compensation and Benefits,
Human Resources, 11-9-17