Press Release – January 7, 2015
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) will hold a meeting on Wed., Jan. 14, at 9:30 a.m. (Eastern Time), at agency headquarters, 131 M Street, N.E., Washington D.C. In accordance with the Sunshine Act, the open session of the meeting will be open to public observation of the Commission’s deliberations.
The Commission will hear from invited panelists on the persistent problem of workplace harassment as well as best practices for employers to prevent and address harassment. The Commission is scheduled to hear from the following confirmed panelists during the meeting:
- Carol Miaskoff, Acting Associate Legal Counsel, EEOC, Office of Legal Counsel
- Fatima Goss Graves, Vice President for Education and Employment, National Women’s Law Center
- Patricia Wise, Partner, Niehaus Wise & Kalas Ltd
- Laude Montoya, Charging Party/Class Member, EEOC v. Dart Energy Corp. et al.
- Sean Ratliff, Acting Supervisory Trial Attorney, EEOC Denver Field Office
- Jane Kow, Employment Lawyer and HR Consultant/Trainer, HR Law Consultants
Seating is limited, and the EEOC encourages visitors to arrive 30 minutes before the meeting in order to be processed through security and escorted to the meeting room. Visitors should bring a government-issued photo identification card to facilitate entry into the building.
The Commission meeting agenda is subject to revision. Additional information about the meeting, when available, will be posted at http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/meetings/index.cfm.