The Service violated the National Agreement when it failed to comply with the September 5, 2018 Step 4 Settlement Agreement and the September 9, 2021 Settlement Agreement. Accordingly, the Arbitrator issues the following:
1) The Service is ordered to comply with the National Agreement, specifically, the September 5, 2018 Step 4 Settlement Agreement and the September 9, 2021 Settlement Agreement.
2) Management shall cease and desist from performance of the clerk craft bargaining work, including TACS.
3) Management shall grant the Lead Clerk and all applicable clerk craft employees access to all TACS reports. It shall further eliminate access restrictions on back-ups and eliminate the 30-day interval language for clerks holding duty assignments containing TACS duties.
4) The Service is ordered to immediately provide the TACS training course number 31267-01, in person, 8-hour classroom training to the appropriate clerks in the Syosset, New York Post Office. Those clerks who have not been fully trained shall not be held accountable for any timekeeping errors.
5) In accordance with the JCIM, Article 1, page 2, clerk craft in the Syosset Post Office shall be made whole, at the Level 7 overtime rate, for all the time Management spent performing clerk craft duties. The Arbitrator remands this portion of the remedy to the local parties to determine the appropriate monetary compensation to be afforded to the impacted clerks for the period of October 25, 2021 to the present.
6) The Arbitrator shall retain jurisdiction sine die to address any issues that may arise in the implementation or interpretation of the remedy portion of this Award.
Robert T. Simmelkjaer
June 13, 2022