May 3, 2021
The Maintenance Division recently concluded the negotiation for National Support Technicians Local Memorandum of Understanding on April 19, 2021, after several months of delays due to the COVID pandemic. The parties agreed to continue to explore Modified Work Week, even after the conclusion of the Negotiation timeframe. The only item that was declared impasse was the request to Tele Commute.
WE REACHED AGREEMENT ON THE FOLLOWING LMOU ARTICLES:
Changes to LMOU Article 2 include:
- For all states, excluding Alaska and Hawaii, the definition of “tour” used herein is based on the begin tour time of a duty assignment as follows (CTZ): Tour 1 2000-0399 Tour 2 0400- 1199 Tour 3 1200-1999
- For Alaska and Hawaii, the definition of “tour” used herein is based on the begin tour time of a duty assignment as follows (PST): Tour 1 2100-0499 Tour 2 0500- 1299 Tour 3 1300-2099
- Begin tour for duty assignments in a state that does not observe daylight savings time, will use CST for the entire year.
Changes to LMOU Article 5 include:
- After the initial round of selections, a second round of selections will be conducted, in the order submitted, provided two or more selections were submitted by the employee.
- Annual Leave slots: A. Saturday immediately after Thanksgiving through the last full-service week in February – 8% B. Saturday immediately after the last full-service week in February through the Friday immediately following Thanksgiving – 15%
- Employees with approved annual leave immediately preceding or subsequent to any holiday period shall not be forced to work at any point during the holiday period.
A special thanks goes to the members of our 2021 NST Negotiation Team. They worked tirelessly for you.
Director, Idowu Balogun
Central Region NBA Jeff Beaton
Eastern Region NBA Jason Treier
NST Chauncey McCamey (WDC)
NST Del McCoy (VA)
NST Greg Ward (IA)
Source: American Postal Workers Union