On March 23, 2021, Clerk Craft Director Lamont Brooks signed an extension with the Postal Service of the April 3, 2020 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), Re: Bulk Mail Tech and Mailing Requirements Clerk (MRC) Position Qualification. This MOU was agreed to by the parties in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic in order to ensure that employees pending qualification for Bulk Mail Tech or Mailing Requirements Clerk duty assignments would be provided a realistic opportunity to pass the required training.
The extension is through June 4, 2021, unless otherwise agreed to by the parties. Click here to view the extension.
The MOU allows employees pending qualification for either of these two position descriptions to:
• Be detailed to the Bulk Mail Tech or MRC positions while completing the necessary qualifications;
• Perform the required training in a combination of virtual learning and on-the-job training (OJT);
• Practice social distancing while completing the training;
• Have the virtual learning and OJT serve as the qualification necessary for placement into the position;
• Have the training delayed for those employees who are unable to meet/complete the training due to leave associated with COVID-19;
In addition, the parties agreed that Exam 427 will be suspended for the life of this MOU in relation to these two positions and that the training does not have to be consecutively performed, but should be completed as soon as reasonably possible based on local circumstances.
The April 3, 2020 MOU and the March 23, 2021 Extension are included with this update.
Source: American Postal Workers Union