Web News Article #: 30-2017
03/23/2017 – On March 10, the Union signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Postal Service that remedies the situation where Motor Vehicle Service Postal Support Employees (PSE) who had been granted a salary exception were converted to career status within the same craft but to a lower level and received a starting salary rate in accordance with the June 6, 2014 MOU “Re: Resolution of Postal Support Employee (PSE) Salary Exception Issues,” and its April 3, 2015 addendum.
This MOU achieves the following:
- Restores the salary rate of Level 8 PSEs who were converted to a career Level 7 position within the Motor Vehicle Craft and subsequently forced to take the Level 7 salary rate;
- Upgrades the salary rate of any Level 7 MVS employee who is senior to the newly converted PSE but is receiving a lower salary rate;
- Preserves the principle of step progression
- Rescinds any Letter of Demand that was issued to a PSE receiving a higher rate of pay based on their salary exception after being converted to career
- Resolves national dispute HQTV20160071
The parties agree to address any issues as a result of this MOU, at the national level.