From: Liz Powell <email@example.com>
Subject: Special Virtual Events
Sisters, Brothers and APWU Family:
Like the NALC and LIUNA‐Mail Handlers Union, the American Postal Workers Union took responsible action to cancel the APWU 20 National Convention originally scheduled in Los Angeles and later slated for October 2021 in Las Vegas. The NEB debated the safety and health of the delegates, officers and staff and determined the risk factors are significant with the welfare of our members being the foremost consideration.
The National Executive Board thanks you for your understanding as slowly ease out of this pandemic.
In addition, the 2021 National APWU POWER (Post Office Women for Equal Rights) Conference has been postponed and will be rescheduled.
Also, in a recent press release, the AFL‐CIO has postponed their October 2021 convention until June 2022.
The next APWU Biennial National Convention will be held Monday, August 15, 2022 thru Friday, August 18, 2022, at the National Harbor, Washington DC.
Pre‐Convention workshops are scheduled for August 11th and 12th, with the craft conventions slated for August 13th and August 14th.
HOWEVER, the 2021 APWU All Craft Conference will be held virtually this year, starting with the Legislative Conference on Sunday, September 26, 2021, the Retirees Conference on Monday, September 27th thru Wednesday, September 29th and the Clerk, MVS, Maintenance and Support Services Conferences on Wednesday, September 29th thru Friday, October 1, 2021.
Official registration information and agendas will follow soon, (subject to change), due to possible conflicts with the negotiation of the 2021 Bargaining Agreement which expires September 20, 2021.
MEANWHILE‐ please hold the following dates (which are subject to change) for Special Virtual Events:
- Member’s Virtual Town Hall Meeting with an AM and PM session, Contract Opening Day Rally and Contract Opening Day will be held in June and we are waiting for confirmation of the actual dates.
- APWU’s 50TH Birthday Virtual Celebration Thursday, July 1, 2021
- Member’s Virtual Town Hall Meeting Tuesday, August 24, 2021 (date subject to change) with an AM and PM Session.
- The Secretary‐Treasurer’s training that is normally scheduled in the Spring, as well as prior to the ACC will be scheduled for a day each month starting May 5, June 9, July 7, August 11, September 8, November 10, and December 8.
- The Secretary‐Treasurer’s Department will also be scheduling Beginner’s and Advance QuickBooks Webinar training classes. QuickBooks Beginners June 21 ‐ 22. This is a 2‐day continuation class. Participants must participate in both classes.
- QuickBooks Advance class June 29. This is a 1‐day class. Participants must have previously taken the beginner’s class.
We will keep you informed as more events are confirmed, but in the meantime: On behalf of the American Postal Workers Union, we greatly appreciate all you have done and continue to do in these difficult times.
This pandemic has caused every entity to alter the way business is normally done and such is the case with our union and in order to continue all of our vital efforts to communicate and build the union in these trying and challenging times, we will continue to utilize the virtual technology to reach out to you, until we are able to meet in person with no restrictions. So, watch for updates on the above and upcoming scheduled events and continue to stay safe and be well.
With best wishes and kindest regards, I remain, yours in union solidarity and if there is anything, we can do to assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Elizabeth “Liz” Powell